Cape Harbour’s fourth of July tradition continues with food, music and fun
CAPE CORAL, Fla. (June 30, 2015) — Fathoms Restaurant & Bar and The French Press are pleased to continue Cape Harbour’s traditional Independence Day celebration, The Great American Picnic, on July 4, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The public is invited to this family-friendly event, which will feature a sumptuous outdoor barbeque catered by Fathoms.
The celebration will kick off at 11 a.m. with a Color Guard presentation by the Cape Coral VFW Post 8463. Guests will then be treated to non-stop entertainment, contests, music and lots more fun:
• Enjoy some heart –pumping patriotic marches from the Island Coast High School Band at 11:30.
• Jump to your feet at noon while The Dixie Roadhouse Dancers line up for some toe-tapping country and western dancing.
• Dress your pup, kitty, parrot, or iguana in red, white and blue for the Patriotic Pet Costume Contest at 12:30.
• At 1:30 hydrate and smile during the always-popular watermelon-eating contest.
• At 2, Southwest Florida’s own Calendar Girls get into the groove.
• Beat the heat at 2:30 with a water balloon toss.
Lots more music and entertainment will keep the festival atmosphere in high gear between the scheduled events. The Great American is free to attend, with no fee to park. It’s the perfect pre-event hangout before heading to Cape Coral’s big Red, White and BOOM! fireworks display. Arrive early to discover the wonderful assortment of produce, crafts, gourmet products and gifts for sale at the Cape Harbour Famer’s Market starting at 8 a.m., and enjoy a gourmet breakfast at The French Press between 7:30 and 11 a.m.